Things to do in January – Community College Districts
Important Administrative Things to do This Month for Community College Districts
(This “to do list” is intended to provide a synopsis of a few of the tasks normally started or performed during this month. The list is obviously not exhaustive in nature and is designed only as a “reminder” to be supplemented by each Personnel/Human Resources Department’s specific duties.)
- Schedule dates for the District’s CalPers and STRS retirement workshops.
- Review all first semester probationary faculty performance evaluations.
- Meet with all district administrators and review the timelines and procedural requirements for completing spring employee performance evaluations.
- Review with administrators the statutory, collective bargaining agreement, and any policy requirements they must comply with if they are contemplating bringing a non-reelection recommendation forward.
- Consider if it is likely that the District may have to implement a possible reduction in force and if so, seek Board approval to initiate negotiations of a reduction in force impact and effects.
- Review existing collective bargaining agreements to identify provisions that should be amended in the bargaining process.
- Request that administrators submit topics they wish the District to advance during the collective bargaining process.
- Review District policies, regulations and exhibits to ensure they are aligned with current statutes, agency regulations and collective bargaining agreements.
- Continue reviewing and updating employee job descriptions.
- Continue gathering data to support the collective bargaining process.
This publication was prepared solely for information purposes and should not be construed to be legal advice. If you would like further information on this matter, please contact our office.